Questions about equipment? This page will assist you with those.
What will Atlee Little League provide my child in order to participate?
Atlee Little League will provide each child a hat and a color coordinated shirt. For the softball divisions, Atlee will provide a team color coordinated hair bow and shirt. In recent seasons, Atlee Little League has discovered that the majority of our players now have their own batting helmets. Atlee Little League will no longer issue batting helmets to each team. However, the league will issue helmets to the managers and/or parents that make a request for them. Atlee Little League will provide teams with catchers equipment. Softball teams will also be issued the league mandated infielders mask for the pitcher. We have a limited supply of bats available to the tball/coach pitch divisions.
What do I have to provide for my child in order to participate?
- Parents must provide their child with a glove. For more information please read the 2017 Little League Glove Regulations
- Cleats are recommended in tee ball and coach pitch divisions. Cleats will be mandatory in Baseball Minors 6/7 and Softball Minors 7/8 and above. (Metal cleats are only permitted in the divisions of Intermediate 50/70, Juniors and Seniors).
- All male players playing Minors 6/7 and above are required to wear a protective cup.
- Pants (white, black, or gray specified by the team manager).
- Some managers will also require their players to wear matching socks.
- All bats must be Little League approved according to Little League regulations. Beginning January 1, 2018, the new USA Baseball Bat regulations will be used by Little League.
- Batting Helmet
Q. Does Atlee Little League require a face mask to be installed on batting helmets?
A. Yes, in most divisions. All divisions tee ball through Minors 9/10 Baseball and Softball require the use of a face mask on the batting helmets. A team manager and/or board member also has the right to ask a player to wear a batting helmet with a face mask if he/she deems necessary for the safety of the participant.
Q. Is my child allowed to wear his/her own personal catchers equipment?
A. Yes. The catchers equipment must conform to Little League regulations. The dangling throat guard is mandatory on all styles of catchers helmets. Atlee Little League will make the throat guards available for purchase at the concession stand. All league provided catchers equipment will be pre-installed with the dangling throat guards