In 2016, Atlee Little League required parents to submit an all star commitment form if they wanted their child to be considered for all star selection. For 2017, the Atlee Little League Board of Directors, voted in favor of removing the form for all star selection. All players will be considered and placed on the ballots for the divisions of which they are eligible for. If selected, the parent can decide to accept or decline the invitation when called.
Atlee Little League All Star Selections:
Information on all star player, team and manager selection can be found starting on page 13, section 8 of the 2018 Atlee Little League Ground Rules and Code of Conduct
Little League Eligibility and Documentation Requirements:
Little League requires that all parents of players that are selected to District level all star teams provide certain documents to the all star team manager at the beginning of practices for the tournament. The league will stress the importance of having proper documentation. Team managers will be responsible for ensuring that they collect and assemble all the necessary documents for their team. Your team manager will provide you with deadline dates. Please help him/her meet these deadlines. Team books must be approved and signed off by the District Administrator before teams can participate in the district tournament. Original birth certificates are required and will be returned to the parents immediately after DA certification. All books and information must be carried by the team manager throughout the entire tournament. At the completion of the tournament, all books are kept confidentially and under lock by Atlee Little League.
We urge all parents who potentially have a player to be selected to the district team to click here to review what documents will be required by you.
If your child participated on a district level team the previous season, you may not be required to provide the documentation again this season. Your team manager will inform you if new documentation is required. Circumstances that may warrant additional documentation are: (May be additional situations)
- Your residency has changed since the previous season
- Your child’s name or parents name has changed
- Your child attends a different school
Atlee Little League would like to congratulate all the players who were chosen to represent their league in this years tournaments. Good luck to all the players, coaches, and managers. Please click here to view rosters.
2018 District 5 All Star Tournament Dates and Locations: (Bracket links can be viewed by clicking on the group name)
The entire district tournament will be hosted by Atlee Little League
BB 9/10 6/22 – 6/30
BB Intermediate 6/23 – 6/30
BB Seniors 6/23 – TBD
BB 10/11 6/30 – 7/7
Majors (LL) 7/7 – 7/13
BB Juniors 6/23 – TBD
SB 9/10 6/22 – 6/28
SB Majors (LL) 6/30 – 7/5
SB Seniors 6/25 – TBD
2018 State Tournament Dates and Locations:
For more information on state tournament dates Click Here
8/9/10 Coburn 7/5
9/10/11 Woodstock 7/19
Major/LL Roanoke 7/19
50/70 Broadway 7/5
Junior Alexandria 7/5
Senior Tazwell 7/5
8/9/10 Bristol 7/5
9/10/11 Bristol 7/5
Major/LL Luray 7/12
Junior TBA 7/5
Senior TBA 7/5
Invitational All Star Tournament Dates and Locations:
- Baseball Minors 7/8 (Huguenot LL) : July 20th – July 28th. Team practices to begin on or around July 5th
- Baseball Minors 8/9 (Atlee LL) : July 26th – August 3rd. Team practices to begin on or about July 5th
- Baseball Minors 9/10 (Ashland LL): TBD Team practices to begin around the 2nd week of July
- Baseball Majors 11/12 (Tuckahoe LL): TBD. Team practices to begin on or about July 5th.
- Softball Minors 7/8 (Mechanicsville LL): July 20th- July 25th
- Softball Minors 9/10: There will be no invitational tournaments in 2018 due to the lack of interest district wide.
* Each host league has or will be requesting approval for the invitational dates listed here.
Other All-Stars Resources